POSITIVE HOCKEY EXPERIENCES START WITH COACHES.
We know the value of volunteer coaches and the role they play in the overall experience for kids playing hockey. Watching kids develop their skills, smile between shifts, and form bonds with their friends is what this league is about. If that’s what you’re about, please continue reading.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR IN A COACH
This isn’t about finding the next Scotty Bowman.
We’re looking for those who love the game. Those who are dedicated to providing the best possible experience for boys and girls. Those who believe in equal ice-time and equal opportunity. And those who value smiles over wins.
Minimum Coaching Requirements
- Understanding of Rules & Regulations
- PROVIDE: Criminal Background Check/ Vulnerable Sector Check
- CSA approved helmet, stick & gloves if going on ice with your team (ONLY if you’re running a practice)
Interested? Check out our Locations for Season Details, Facility Contacts, and more!
A GIFT FROM US
We know that volunteering requires effort, so we want to make sure our coaches are treated properly.
- Every Calko Group Youth Hockey League coach will receive an apparel gift at the start of a new season
- Most locations also offer discounts on programming or ice rentals*
*Available incentives for coaches varies by location. Please contact your location for additional information.