In light of the Greater Toronto Hockey League’s (GTHL) announcement this past weekend to postpone sanctioned programming until at least January 4th, 2021, you’re probably trying to figure out what that means for your son or daughter.
We understand, and we want to let you know that Canlan Ice Sports is continuing to evaluate our options as we will ensure that participants have a safe place to play hockey.
When COVID-19 caused an industry-wide shutdown this past March, we immediately turned our attention towards developing industry-leading safety measures to ensure the safety of our participants, their families, and our employees. Seven months later, we continue to maintain the most rigorous safety measures in the industry, including:
- Pre-screening, contact tracing, and mandatory personal masks for all individuals entering our buildings
- Physical Distancing in common areas and dressing rooms, including the addition of new player partitions on the benches
- Frequent disinfecting and thorough cleaning of any common areas and high-traffic touchpoints
- Additional on-site health and safety ambassador staff members
- Altered gameplay rules to promote additional distancing, reduced incidental contact, and a fun playing experience that maximizes puck touches and player safety
As we look at our programming options to ensure that youth participants in Toronto have a place to play hockey during this GTHL postponement, we ask for your patience as we will have additional information regarding our new offerings available by this time next week.
This is not a race. This is about the safety of participants and their families to play the game of hockey in facilities that prioritize those values in our current environment.
We’re already in contact with hockey’s Governing Bodies, and we’ll ensure that we do our due diligence as we develop new offerings.
On behalf of our organization and our employees who continue to go above and beyond, I want to personally thank our customers for your support and loyalty, and we look forward to welcoming you at one of our locations in the near future.
President and CEO
Canlan Ice Sports Corp.