July 15th, 2020
TORONTO, ONT. — On July 13th, the Ontario Provincial Government announced formal details regarding Stage 3 of the province’s re-opening plans. In addition to providing a framework for businesses and activities that are permitted to re-open in Stage 3, the province also announced that a number of regions around the Province would be permitted to enter Stage 3 as of 12:01 a.m. on July 17th, with additional regions expected to enter Stage 3 at a later date.
So you’re probably wondering where that leaves Canlan’s Ontario locations, and how it impacts the Calko Group YHL. With that in mind, allow us to provide some updates:
- Current Status: As of July 15th, all five of Canlan’s locations remain in Stage 2, but are open and are permitted to accommodate non-contact, skill-based instructional activity with a limit of 10 participants on the ice. Any form of game-play is not permitted in Stage 2 of Ontario’s re-opening plans.
- What is Stage 3?: The guidelines provided from the Provincial Government indicate that once a region enters Stage 3, team sports and gameplay will be permitted to resume, provided that there is no prolonged or deliberate contact while participating in that sport. Currently, the Calko Group YHL has been approved for, and resumed games in: British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Illinois.
- What’s That Mean for Ontario?: Once a location is permitted to enter Stage 3, pending approval for the resumption of games, every effort will be made to produce an initial schedule as quickly as possible to start the Summer ’20 Calko Group YHL 4-on-4 season.
- Will my Games be Effected?: The planned duration of the season included an 8-game schedule to be played. The final game count will be contingent on when a location is permitted to enter Stage 3, as every effort will be made to provide participants with the 8-game season, including the potential of playing multiple games in a week, if necessary. In the event that it is not possible to play all eight games, a pro-rated credit or refund — based on participant preference — will be issued to teams based on the final number of games that were able to be played.
- Wait Listed Players/Teams: For any participants who are currently on the wait list, please note that once we are able to confirm our start date, we will be in touch should any spaces become available for either team entries or for individual players. If we’re unable to accommodate you, we do apologize for the inconvenience due to the increased demand this Summer.
- What if we Can’t Start?: In the event that a location does not receive authorization to enter Stage 3 by August 10th, the Summer ’20 4-on-4 season will be cancelled with credits or refunds — based on participant preference — being issued.
As additional information becomes available, registered participants will be notified via email and updates through canlanyhl.com, though we certainly appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.
— 30 —