📅 Last Updated: May 28th, 2021
VANCOUVER, B.C. — Good news is around the corner.
In case you missed it, the Province of British Columbia has announced its re-opening plan, which include a clear pathway towards the resumption of indoor team sports — which means your friendly YHL hockey league is coming soon to Burnaby, Langley, and North Shore.
- Registration Link (In case you haven’t signed up yet): https://canlanyhl.com/registration/
So, when does the season start?
At this point, the Province is anticipating that Step 2 of the re-opening plan will be implemented on June 15th. As such, we’ve re-worked our season details, with our original Game Count, Price Point, and Roster rules from Spring ’21 carrying over:
- Target Start Date: Saturday, June 19th
- Target End Date: Sunday, August 29th
- Target Number of Games: 12
- Team Price: $3,599.99 + GST
- Individual Price: $349.99 + GST
Teams will be permitted to bring 11 skaters + 1 goaltender to each game, though spare players will be permitted and will not be charged for in case one of the regular team members can’t make a game.
What if we already registered for Spring ’21?
You’re all set! We’ll be building out divisions and will include your team registration. We’ll provide additional information regarding payment deadlines, player registration, and the release date of the first schedule in advance of June 19th.
For individual registrations, we’re aiming to hold evaluation practices the weekend of June 12th + 13th, from which we’ll be finding a home for each of our players so they can get back onto the ice for a safe and fun season of YHL hockey. 👏
What if we registered for Summer ’21?
If you registered for the original Summer ’21 season, we’ll be in touch to transfer your registration over and provide an update on any payments made thus far, and any variance with the price of the 12-game season.
If you registered for both seasons initially, we’ll be in touch if there’s any adjustments required to your account in advance of the season.
Before you head back to the rink, know that the health and safety of our participants will continue to be the top priority of Canlan Sports and the YHL as we welcome back gameplay.
As for some frequently asked questions, here’s some additional information that may be of assistance in advance of the season in the Lower Mainland:
What if I haven’t registered my child yet?
- Space is still available, but time is of the essence! Click here to access our online registration and be sure to choose Spring ’21 as the season option.
When will the schedule be released?
- Currently, we’re planning on releasing the schedule on June 14th
Will spectators be permitted to watch?
- In Step 2 of BC’s re-opening plan, spectators are not permitted for indoor sports. This is expected to change in Step 3 as limited spectator capacity will be implemented as early as July 1st. As we learn more about the spectator policy in Step 3, we’ll let you know as soon as you’re able to enter the rink to watch your child play — which we hope will come as early as Canada Day!
What if we can’t attend the individual player evaluation practice on June 12th or 13th?
- We’ll make due as best we can to ensure your child finds the right team.
What happens if British Columbia doesn’t enter Step 2 on June 15th?
- We’re optimistic it won’t come to this as BC has done a fantastic job of achieving its vaccine targets and following public health guidelines. If it came to be that the Province does not enter Step 2 on June 15th, we will adjust our target start date, accordingly.
What if I have additional questions that just weren’t answered here?!
- Fair. Totally fair. Head over to our Contact form and let us know how we can help.
— 30 —