📆 June 10th, 2020
TORONTO, ONT. — Canlan Ice Sports announced today that Calko Group Youth Hockey League 3-on-3 seasons have been cancelled as the league gets set for a return to play using a new 4-on-4 format at all locations.
Canlan Ice Sports’ President and CEO, Joey St-Aubin stated that the league is looking forward to restarting with the new format in July with fresh sheets of ice on the horizon.
“The impact of COVID-19 unfortunately prevented us from being able to run our YHL seasons in the way we initially intended. We’d like to thank each and every one of our parents, guardians, and registered participants for their patience during this difficult time, as we know this has been challenging for everyone.”
“As our pathway towards a safe return to play becomes more clear, we’re excited about shifting to a 4-on-4 style of hockey with a unique set of rules that will allow our participants and parents to return to the game as safely as possible. We’re excited to have the YHL back on the ice this summer and look forward to the new format that prioritizes physical distancing through innovative new rules and procedures.”
ENTER: 4-ON-4 HOCKEY
Full season details for the new 4-on-4 Summer Season will be released on June 17th, along with registration opening up. Some fresh sheets of ice sound pretty nice right about now, right? Here’s what we can tell you today:
- Start Date: After Canada Day*
- Age Groups: Atom (U11) – Midget (U18)
- Season Length: Eight (8) games
- Format: Eight (8) skaters + goalie, 4-on-4 format at all participating locations*
I registered and paid for my child to participate in a previously scheduled Calko Group YHL season — now what?
Registration credits from your previous registration may be ported to a new registration for a 4-on-4 season. Please note that it will take between 7-10 business days to administer credits due to a change in accounting platforms. We will send an update once accounts have been updated. Thank you for your patience!
*4-ON-4 PARTICIPATING LOCATIONS
- BC: Burnaby (Scotia Barn), Langley, North Shore
- Prairies: Saskatoon, Winnipeg
- Ontario: Etobicoke, Oakville, Oshawa, Scarborough, York
- US: Romeoville, West Dundee
Additional questions? No problem, contact us here.
* Tentative start dates will be released with additional season details on June 17th. Canlan Ice Sports continues to closely monitor provincial and state guidelines to ensure that start dates safely comply with the direction from each location’s jurisdiction.